Research question for cycle 3:
Will the use of gamification increase the rate at which students constructively post as a part of the Edmodo community?
I collected the following postswhen conducting my research for Cycle 3:
- Item 1: This post is an example of one of the students assuming the persona of her bandit and asking questions to the other students in order to receive the "Helping Hand" badge.
- Item 2-3: These posts are examples of students crafting back-stories for their bandit persona, Mischievous Mandi M and Bandit Butler B.
- Item 4: This is an awesome example of a student becoming batman for their outlaw persona. Obviously we went along with it.
- Item 5: This is an example of students challenging each other to deepen the back-stories of their bandit personas.
- Item 6: A perfectly executed example of students using the medium for something other than the bandit dialogue.